Thursday, September 1, 2016

Day 7-Major disappointment

Normal morning routine today, meds at 2am and again at 8am but it was my last dose so I'm all done now. No more middle of the night wake up and cram some liquid food down my throat.  

Lots of running around today for my appointments and my sister came to visit. Went to the university to get my x-rays done- I'll post my before and after in another post. We walked around and I showed my sister and my mom around. I caught some pokemon too. We also stopped at my work to check in with my coworkers. Show I'm still alive and kicking. I think they were surprised how well I am recovering.  

But the major disappointment was that I didn't get any elastics taken off.  Before the surgery, my surgeon said that we were going to take off elastics after one week and he was away when I went in today. So another doctor looked after me, but he didn't feel comfortable taking off the elastics. So I'm pretty heartbroken and disappointed. I have to wait nine more days until they start taking them off. My mom is going back home today too, so I'll be on my own during the day starting tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment