Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Day 15- Back at work

Feels good to be back at work even though it is only for half a day and I'm surprised by how tired it made me. I woke up at 6 and had a peanut butter banana smoothie for breakfast. And I brought some drinkable yogurt, applesauce and a protein milkshake for snacking.

By noon I was beat and glad it wasn't a whole day of work- time for an afternoon nap and some more "food"!! Tomorrow is for sure the day I get my elastics taken off at the surgeon's office- can't wait to free my tongue from it's jail cell.

I was reading another blog of someone who had jaw surgery and they mentioned afterwards that they could bite into food all the way. They said too that before the surgery they would bite into sandwiches and all the insides would come out and biting into pizza would cause the toppings to be pulled off. This happened to me all the time before the surgery and I thought I was just a messy eater and didn't relate it to my jaw. I can't wait to see if that will change for me when I'm all healed and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment