Sunday, September 25, 2016

Day 34- Updates & comparisons

I haven't forgotten about the blog :)

For the most part I'm back on a "normal" diet and a regular schedule. I'm eating lots of scrambled eggs and I'm migrating to more solid food. I've been eating ground beef, some soft chicken, noodles and pancakes. It makes me so happy to actual eat with spoons and forks, even if the utensils can't actual fit in my mouth. It's still a very messy process, lots of food on my chin and face and sometimes I prefer to eat with my fingers since I can actual tell when the food is close enough to my mouth. Eating meat again is definitely a good change, it gives me more energy and makes me feel more full.

I saw the surgeon this week too and he told me I didn't have to wear my elastics during the day anymore just at night- which has been a big change for me. I feel less pressure to eat when the elastics are off so I'm eating more and more often. I'm trying to get used to talking now with my teeth not "wired" together.

Comparing my week three to week two was a big difference. I had a lot more energy and didn't feel so tired- knowing this I wouldn't of gone back to work two weeks after the surgery even though they were only half days. But I guess you live and learn.

Difference between week three and four was a good change too! I moved from doing half days at work to full days. I've been going home to eat at lunch and I start running out of gas around 3pm but I'm glad to be back at work and feeling normal.

Even this week the difference between how wide I could open my mouth at the beginning and now feels huge to me.
I can tell I'm so much happier this week and feel more like myself.
My next check up with the surgeon is one week away and an orthodontist appointment is three weeks away. I think the hard part is almost over, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel


4 weeks
3 weeks 
















Sept 25th



Sept 20th





SO MUCH MORE ROOM FOR FOOD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment