Friday, September 9, 2016

Day 17- Check up

The pain that was right at my temples yesterday has relocated. It has moved to only my right side and it comes in waves of pain that feel like the world's worst ear ache. I wasn't going to let this stop me from going to work but I wish it had. Once I got to work it full hit me how bad it hurt. I was hot and sweaty and my face was really pale. So I decided that work wasn't going to happen and went home.

I iced my face and had a gigantic nap. Ate some food and then left for my ortho check up appointment. My orthodontist is the best, he was so helpful and answered a bunch of burning questions I had that weren't answered by the surgeon.

That nasty bloody nose I had a while ago, I got some answers about that and why every time I cry or get upset it bleeds. He said that during the surgery I was intubated through my nose and likely there is a blood clot and it is being dislodged when I cry and it should only last about a month or so. After that I can have emotions again :)

He also said I'll need to massage those muscles that are sore. They're orientated in a different direction than they were before and plus they haven't been used in over two weeks. He said I could also experience very painful muscle spasms in my jaw and I may have to force my mouth open to stretch them.

They asked me how much weight I've lost too, but I don't have a scale and honestly I've never been one to go up or down more than a couple of pounds and all my clothes still fit me. So who knows?

I'm supposed to start eating soft foods again, but I'm having a hard time opening my mouth still and I'm terrified of choking or vomiting later. I'm visiting my parents this weekend so my mom said we would work on getting me to open my mouth.

Also changing my elastics everyday is going to be a challenge. It's super hard to get the second elastic on since it goes all the way to the back of my teeth. I can see my stitches in my mouth too and it really freaks me out. So lots of stuff today. I'm trying to stay positive but lately it feels like there is a gigantic list of things I can't do.

No comments:

Post a Comment