Sunday, August 28, 2016

Day 1- Recovery

After barely sleeping all night I finally got some shut eye around 4 or 5 am. My surgeon came and visited me today and asked how I felt. He said I was getting my own room which I'm super excited about. A dietitian was also going to speak to me and my family later to help with my food needs. Until then the morning staff nurses helped change me into a new gown. I get to walk to the bathroom on my own for the first time. Which made me feel more human. 

They took away my magic morphine button so I was glad I used it when I woke up. The doctors and nurses keep asking me to rate  my pain which I'm finding hard to do because it's really not pain it's discomfort and strange. My face is swollen like a balloon that is about to pop even though every one says it's gone down. I'm numb on the bottom half of my face. The only thing that actually hurts is my neck when I touch, my throat when it's dry AF and my IV spot on my arm. So I've been saying anywhere from 3 to 5. All I know is it's not a 1 or a 10.  

I waited until my family came then we talked with dietitian about what to eat and how much. A syringe has 60 millilitres and for one meal I need 12 of them. Damn it takes me long enough to eat just a couple of half full ones. The hardest part is because my bottom lip has no feeling I don't know if it's on my mouth entirely.  
After that we waiting some more in that room since my own room wasn't gonna be ready until after lunch and they unhooked me from my IV stand and oxygen. I still have the needle in my arm for medication delivery.  

I'm still getting used to looking in the mirror and seeing my face. It's so swollen, I have no neck it just all blends together it looks like me and doesn't at the same time.  I'm very happy I didn't go through with the chin implant that they wanted to do. 

When I finally to get to my room I'm surprised to find that it's private. when I checked in before my surgery they asked if I wanted to pay for a private room.. Which I didn't do, I thought it was an extra cost and I wasn't up for that. So it's just me- no snoring giant. Maybe I'll get a better sleep tonight  

A friend of mine sent me flowers but used a short hand of their last name making it hard to figure out when your groggy and waking up from naps. AND SOMEONE PAID FOR HOSPITAL TV FOR ME. I don't know who and nobody will tell me. But I appreciate it😊  

I've noticed tingling/ itchyness in my bottom lips today even though there's no feeling. Must mean my nerves are healing. 

Supper time again and my surgeon comes to visit- says I may be out tomorrow. Sounds promising! Even though the treatment is nice, you're always more comfortable at home.  

More tomorrow as I'm sure the rest of the night will be normal * I hope

I actually look better than when I had my wisdom teeth removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment