Sunday, August 28, 2016

Introduction

Hi everyone, I'm undergoing orthognathic surgery for my overbite. I read a few other blogs I found online to help me prepare mentally and physically for what I am about to go through and decided I want to help others too. Enjoy!

Before I get started, I'm only having the lower jaw adjusted and I've had braces for two years and three months. I knew from day one braces alone wouldn't fix my teeth or my bite and that surgery was going to happen- it was just a matter of when. I got braces because I was self conscious of my smile and not confident. Plus my younger sister and mothers had just finished their braces treatment and I saw how much happier it made them.

                                            

I had to have all four of my wisdom teeth removed too since I have such a little jaw as part of braces treatment. I swelled up pretty bad but other than a normal experience.
immediately after waking up post wisdom teeth removal 

I am also missing my left incisor tooth- there is no bone there at all so the only option to fix that is an implant which will happen eventually at a later day since they are expensive and I started wearing a false tooth on my braces. I've been told by the orthodontist that the gap will come in handy when I'm wired shut.
My teeth are ready for surgery-just waiting 
Basically that is my journey up until the jaw surgery, Let's get this party started.

No comments:

Post a Comment