Sunday, August 28, 2016

Day 2- going home!!

The rest of day 2 was normal. I was very happy to sleep in a private room.  Once in a while a nurse would come in and give me my drugs but other than nothing interesting.  

The next morning I wake up pretty hungry, the nurse brought me some juice to tide me over and my surgeon  came by this morning too.  I get to home! I can't wait, as good as the treatment they have been giving me, there's nothing quite like being at home. I'm pretty tired today and my back is sore from laying in bed and I've had it with the IV in my arm.  

My mom picked me up, it's a little cold and rainy out. She was in such a hurry she forgot my shoes and a coat- love you mom. I don't care though- I'M GOING HOME! I'm not allowed to lift anything over 10 lbs which apparently is the same weight as 4L of milk. When I get back to the apartment the first thing I do is put on my oil diffuser, in hope that it helps me feel less stuffy. I have a shower too- the first one since my surgery, feels nice to have the water run down my body. I didn't bother washing my hair and I accidentally poked myself in one of my stitches on my cheek ouch.  I struggle to eat some butternut squash soup and a blueberry smoothie, my mom and I are still getting the hang of the syringe. It's a giant mess, let's just say I'm going to go through lots of towels and shirts. I get some medication in me too. 

I sleep for the most of the afternoon while my mom watches drop dead diva. - pretty good show too!  

Eating is feat, I'm pretty tired after only a couple of syringes. The ensure supplement is pretty good too but it's so creamy I can't eat a whole lot of it without feeling sick.  

Also I've been farting too, no bowel movements yet but at least it's working down there. I have prune juice to help with this. 

More napping and eating throughout the day and afternoon. Now it's 10 pm, it's getting harder to talk must mean my lips are getting swollen and sore from all the poking trying to get the syringes of food in. Decided to have some pain relief and tied bags of peas to the side of my head. Curtis, and my mom keep saying how much better my swelling is looking. The underneath of my neck doesn't hurt anymore to touch, which is good. But I'm starting to have some yellowing/bruises higher on my face- by my nose and underneath my eyes. I've been keeping family and friends update on social media and my boss emailed me yesterday to ask how I'm feeling.  

I still don't have any feeling in my bottom lip and my chin. The only improvement on my chin is I can feel the area is my "bum chin" the area feels pretty dry too. My lips and  chin have been tingly throughout last night and bit of today. I'm hoping as the week goes on in get more feeling there. Especially my lips, because I can't feel a thing other than the random tickle.  

I'm worried once I start feeling though it will really hurt. Guess I won't know until it happens. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment